Cabo San Lucas enjoys a substantial amount of sunshine all throughout the year. Because of this, most activities in Cabo San Lucas take place outdoors. But when the rainy days and the Pacific hurricane season roll in, however, the weather can leave you wondering what to do.
If you’re thinking about living in Cabo San Lucas, here are some of the best things to do when it rains.
A rainy day hardly poses a hurdle to explore Cabo San Lucas’ dining scene. Take this opportunity to try a new restaurant or visit an old favorite. There are so many great options to choose from.
Some of the best restaurants in Cabo San Lucas include:
- The Sea Grill. The Sea Grill at Las Ventanas offers an incredible menu with equally majestic views of the Sea of Cortez. House specialties include fresh ceviche, shellfish, and what is known as cocina del fuego−food cooked in a clay oven or over a wood-fired grill. The patio is covered so you’ll be protected from the rain.
- Mama’s Royal Café. Mama’s Royal Café is renowned for its breakfast plates. The menu features classic breakfast staples, as well as omelets that can be prepared one of 40 different ways. The restaurant is only open until 1:30 in the afternoon.
- Mi Casa. For a family meal, Mi Casa is the perfect place to go. This restaurant is located in a hacienda-style home and the menu features options from all over the country. Chefs focus on creating classic dishes to showcase the best of Mexican cuisine.
Book a spa day
A rainy day is the perfect opportunity to book that spa day you’ve been thinking about. Many of the best resorts in Cabo San Lucas have spas that are open to resort guests and day-trippers.
Take the day off and get pampered. Rest, relax and rejuvenate. Get a sea-based treatment at Luna y Mar at The Resort at Pedregal. Enjoy a Synergy spa treatment at the One & Only Spa Palmilla. Have the Xocolatl treatment (which features a coffee-based scrub followed by a chocolate body mask) at SE by Grand Velas Los Cabos.
You may want to book your spa experience ahead of time to ensure that you can get an appointment. Pay attention to the weather forecast and plan accordingly. And if it doesn’t rain, you can still enjoy your spa day.
Visit a museum
If you’re going to be spending time indoors, why not make it an educational experience? When it rains, consider a trip to a local museum. Visit the Natural History Museum of Cabo San Lucas. Exhibits feature the geology, paleontology, and archeology of the region.
There are plenty of other museums to visit in and around Los Cabos as well, such as:
- Pasado Marina de Museo, which has exhibits related to Los Cabos’ fishing history; and
- Museo Regional de Telecomunicaciones, featuring antique televisions, radios, and other communication related technology.
Cabo San Lucas offers plenty of great shopping locations. Two of the most popular spots include Puerto Paraiso, the biggest shopping mall in town, where you can also find Luxury Avenue. Another option is Artesanos, a three-story warehouse where you can find crafts from all over the country, such as traditional Mexican ceramics and ornate wood furniture.
Go scuba diving
Just because it’s raining doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy certain water activities. Escape the rain by going completely underwater with a scuba diving excursion. Many diving tours will still operate as long as there are low winds and visibility is still good. Get away from the dreariness of the rain and instead enjoy the majesty of the underwater world.
Hang out at a cozy café
Take it slow and enjoy a good cup of coffee at a local café. Find a good spot and read your favorite book or simply catch up with friends. Some of the best coffee shops in Cabo San Lucas include The Cabo Coffee Company, Café Cabo, Casasola Café and Brunch, Café Cabo Plaza Copan, and Café de Ciudad.
Rainy days in Cabo San Lucas do little to lessen the allure of living in this idyllic coastal community. You will find plenty of things to do, even in the middle of a tropical downpour.
Learn more about living in Cabo San Lucas. Browse the website today to find things to do in Cabo San Lucas or contact Andrew Lemke for more information about the local lifestyle, as well as the latest luxury villas for sale in Cabo San Lucas real estate.